WOOL repels dirt and is self-cleaning!
WOOL can be worn several times without washing - ideally, wash WOOL as little as possible!
Spot cleaning is best!
wool care instructions for wool and silk clothes.
1) Close all buttons, zippers, and clasps and turn the item inside out prior to washing. This ensures that the wool fibers are protected from stress. To prevent discoloration, please also separate dark colors from light.
2) Use an environmentally friendly liquid wool detergent!
MACHINE WASH = Use a wool or wool / silk setting. This is key to ensuring that your machine actually washes and rinses at the same stated temperature. A change in washing and rinsing temperature can shock wool and shrink it. Use a gentle cold wash or hand wash function at your own risk. Please also make sure not to overload the drum of your washer - increasing the amount of clothing also increases the amount of stress. To prevent matting of your wool products, only fill half of the drum.
HAND WASH = While maintaining the same constant cool water temperature a) quickly and gently wash the item b) rinse each item thoroughly without allowing it to soak for any extended period of time. Please note that hand washing requires extra carefulness since mistakes that harm the delicate structure of wool can happen easily.
4) After washing, carefully shape the item / items when wet, gently pull lengthwise to prevent shrinkage, and lay them flat to dry on a towel.
Our wool has not been treated with a synthetic coating, so it may pill. If pilling occurs, not to worry! Pilling is a natural process where friction causes the short fibers of a garment to migrate to its surface. Once the pilling is removed, these fibers will disappear.
* Use the same temperature water for washing and rinsing. Only use cool water. Using warm water or changing water temperatures can cause shrinkage.
* Do not leave wool to soak.
* Use environmentally safe liquid wool detergent. Do not bleach. Do not use powdered detergent - most laundry powders contain whiteners that act like bleach.
* Avoid stress due to twisting / rubbing / wringing of wool as this can cause matting.
* Avoid hanging wool to dry. Do not dry in direct sunlight.
* For wool fleece or pure merino wool items please read the instructions sent with your garment or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org