Cranberry cottage cheese baked muffins
These chewy oatmeal muffins take no more than 10 minutes to whisk together, they last up to a week in the fridge, they also freeze super well AND most toddlers seem to just love them!! Götz started having these with about 10 months, and they are still among his favorite snack or breakfast (!!). To make it more of a meal, you can serve them with steamed milk and fruit.
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup Greek-style (vanilla) yogurt (any joghurt should work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or some vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk (any kind of milk - cow, almond, etc. - should be fine)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Add the cottage cheese, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until relatively smooth.
- Mix in the rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, and mix until well combined. Stir in the dried cranberries or raisins.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly golden. When done, the muffins should ‘spring back’ when touched.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes, if possible.